Thursday, April 23, 2009

Invisible Children

So I was asked by Brittany, last minute, to go to an Invisble Children screening thing where they would be showing a movie made just months ago. Of course I wanted to go, I have been interested in the Invisible Children and have wanted to learn more about them. So I basically cancelled everything last minute and went, despite the fact it was at a church.

The movie was powerful and honestly had me crying. To know that kids younger than me who are only 9-13 years old are being abducted from their homes at night to go fight in a war that wasn't there fault. Being forced to see the horrors of war at such a young age. It's horrible. The war in Africa has been going on for 23 years. Too long. Tonight I saw children younger then me carrying guns and being ordered to see what most never have to see ever. It shocked me and I had no clue what was going on. Until tonight. It started with three men with a passion to make films who brought us to see what those children are going through. They showed the world what is happening.

And now we need to do something. Help these children who shouldn't have to worry about sleeping at night because of fear of being taken from their homes at night. Why put anyone through such horrors?
For more information please visit:
invisiblechildren.com
Anything and everything can help.
Even with a purchase of a ten dollar hat.

Like the one right over there (sorry the pic is dark) ----->
Peace and Love,
Nico
-The not so invisible child

No comments:

Post a Comment